SAAC Christmas Gift Shopping - DECEMBER - 2 hours

For the final community service outreach event organized by the Tulane Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) we decided to sponsor a dream Christmas for three local families. After collecting the children's Christmas wish lists, two groups of student-athletes went out to go shopping for the families. I went to Walmart with a basketball player. We scoured the store to find their dream presents and it was a lot of fun to throw in some bonus gifts with our spare budget. Later this week we'll wrap and deliver the presents to the families and I'm so happy to have gotten this opportunity through Tulane Athletics. 

First semester of the pharmacology program wrapped up. I've been able to find a healthy balance between school and athletics. This year has been all about relaxing and getting ready to be a mentally good place before medical school next year. I know that these classes will be beneficial to help me retain some knowledge next year, but I am most excited to have more hands-on with simulated and real patients as well as more discussion team-based learning when I matriculate to medical school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAAC Holiday Community Service - NOVEMBER 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. Tulane Medical School/Student-Athlete Community Outreach - 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. 10/19/23 and 10/26/23 - 4 hr