SAAC Holiday Community Service - NOVEMBER 3 hours

Throughout the month of November the Tulane Student Athlete Advisory Council put together several opportunities for athletes to give back to the community. As representatives of the university, and as athletes we have a unique position to integrate and uplift the New Orleans community.

The first service opportunity I took part in was creating holiday cards for hospitalized children. Being in the hospital during the holidays can be a very isolating experience for young children, and we wanted to help let these kids know that we were thinking of them in the holiday season.

The next service opportunity I took part in was our annual canned food drive. In addition to donating my own cans, I was able to go out and get cans on my teammates behalf. It was lovely to be able to devote some of my time I'm already grocery stopping to pay it forward to feed those less fortunate than myself.

This semester has flown by, and I appreciate that the program encourages me to get involved in the community. I know what I'm learning now will be helpful for preparing me for all the material I have to learn to become a good physician. I have enjoyed making new connections this year and am excited for medical school next year.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's P.L.A.Y. Tulane Medical School/Student-Athlete Community Outreach - 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. 10/19/23 and 10/26/23 - 4 hr