Let's Play - 3 hours - January 18 2024

Since returning back from winter break I was so excited to begin working with Let's Play again. Let's Play is a service learning opportunity with elementary/middle school students where we explain healthy lifestyle choices (diet, exercise, mental health, etc.) and join their afterschool sports sessions. Since the start of the semester was welcomed with lots of severe weather, some of the sports teams had just gotten started, so there was a little bit of disorganization during practice. We had the opportunity to play soccer with the boys and basketball with the girls. I was pretty rubbish at both, but I think the kids had lots of fun while crossing me up for a few hours. Unfortunately this may be my last time volunteering with Let's Play since my competition schedule is picking up this semester. Our semester has started off to a great start. The Endocrine module was very interesting for me and I thought that the material came to me quite easily. Looking forward to wrapping up this master's program and matriculating to medical school next year.

This semester has been much differently structured compared to last. We have many more presentations than lectures which I have preferred and enjoyed, but I would love to see us take on some more NBME studying programming and getting last semester's content solidified before the big exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAAC Holiday Community Service - NOVEMBER 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. Tulane Medical School/Student-Athlete Community Outreach - 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. 10/19/23 and 10/26/23 - 4 hr