Autism Society of Greater New Orleans Halloween Party - 10/21/23 - 2 hrs

Thanks to the Student-Athlete Advisory Council of Tulane Athletics, there was a super fun opportunity for me to table at a Halloween Party for the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans. Earlier in the week, we had prepared some bags of toys, coloring books and candy to pass out at the event. As an important part of the event we all dressed up in costumes (I was a physician because I was too lazy to wear anything but scrubs).

For the two hours we greeted kids of all ages and gave them the bags that we prepared. We even had some tattoos that the kids loved to get. It was so fun to see all the creative costumes that the kiddos put together and it reminded me how much fun it is to make a welcoming space for neuro-divergent children. It really reminded me of an opportunity I did coaching children with special needs back during my undergrad at WashU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAAC Holiday Community Service - NOVEMBER 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. Tulane Medical School/Student-Athlete Community Outreach - 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. 10/19/23 and 10/26/23 - 4 hr