April Service Hours - 10

 I went back to the Hands On Food Pantry twice this month because I enjoyed working there so much last time. We provide free, no questions asked, produce and other groceries to anyone in need. It’s so fun to see which vegetables and fruits were able to get our hands on. We had an abundance of lettuce and potatoes one week and then the next we had way too much zucchini again. Also one of the lovely volunteers collects leftover breads from local bakeries and brings it back to the pantry to give out. So, I was inspired to bring by some bars that I had collected over the semester from our Athletics Dining Hall because I often take way too much for me to consume on my own.

This month we also had a day of service through the Tulane Student Athlete Advisory Council. We partnered with Zeus’s Pet Rescue again and made some homemade dog leashes out of donated t shirts for the Grounds Krewe Barkus float. It was so great to be both sustainable and add to the culture of New Orleans. I’m so excited to go to medical school next year, but will miss this city so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAAC Holiday Community Service - NOVEMBER 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. Tulane Medical School/Student-Athlete Community Outreach - 3 hours

Let's P.L.A.Y. 10/19/23 and 10/26/23 - 4 hr